Visual learners learn things best by seeing them. Do you like to keep an eye on the teacher by sitting in the front of the class and watching the lecture closely? Do you like when a lesson includes charts or pictures?
Auditory learners learn best by hearing things. Do you struggle to understand by reading but then understand as you listen to the class lecture?
Kinesthetic / Tactile learners learn by experiencing and doing things. Do you fidget or play with your pen or doodle while there is a class lecture?
Activity 6: Discover your Learning Style!
Visual Learners Can Benefit from:
- Draw a map of events in history or draw scientific process.
- Make outlines of everything!
- Copy what’s on the board.
- Take notes, make lists.
- Watch videos.
- Color code words, research notes.
- Use flashcards.
- Use highlighters, circle words, underline.
Auditory Learners Can Benefit from:
- Using word association to remember facts and lines.
- Recording lectures.
- Watching videos.
- Repeating facts with eyes closed.
- Participating in group discussions.
- Using audiotapes for language practice.
- Taping notes after writing them.
Kinesthetic Learners Can Benefit from:
- Studying in short blocks.
- Taking lab classes.
- Role playing.
- Taking field trips, visiting museums.
- Studying with others.